1. Was it your decision to fail to highlight the botched investigation by the Sanford Police Department? You had Chris Serino on the stand and failed to remind him that he suggested that Zimmerman be arrested for Manslaughter. Subsequently, O’Mara was allowed to lead the jury to believe Zimmerman was trustworthy in the eyes of Serino. You also failed to call witnesses that were told by Serino that he was skeptical about Zimmerman’s story. Who made this decision and why?
2. Why did you push the meme that Martin was fighting Zimmerman? Not a single witness recalled seeing a fight but rather, a struggle, yet time and again you used the word “fight” to describe what happened that night. You even put on the Pathologist, Dr. Rao, who balled up her fist and mimicked punching herself in the face to explain how Martin could have hit Zimmerman and caused his injuries. In light of your own DNA evidence, there was no fight. Why did you lie on your dead client?
3. Why did you fail to see the importance of the testimony from your own witnesses? Jayne Surdyka and Jeanee Manalo testified that they were immediately drawn to their window when they heard a distinct howl or yelp. Both of those witnesses live at the T, where Zimmerman claims the altercation started. Neither of them saw Zimmerman or Martin fighting at the T although they were drawn to their window because of distinctive distress cries. Later they were drawn to their window a second and even third time when they heard distinctive cries for help and at that time they looked outside again and they saw the two individuals on the ground and they still were not directly at the T. Their testimony is important because it proves that Zimmerman lied about not following Martin down that pathway and he lied about Martin hitting him at the T and then stumbling forward to where the body was eventually found. In your opening argument you said that Zimmerman had followed and confronted Martin. Why did you fail to tell the jury that at least two witnesses, in addition to Rachel Jeantel, prove that Zimmerman fabricated the story of the encounter at the T to mask the fact that he was much further down that sidewalk than he should have been if he parked his car where he said he parked it?
4. Why did you mention time and again that Zimmerman had lied about extending Martin’s hands after he shot the teen without telling the jury why that lie was significant? Why did you fail to mention that Zimmerman had also lied about asking for help to restrain the dead teen? Zimmerman stated one reason and one alone for being caught on top of the teen’s dead body immediately after the shot was fired. His excuse was that he did not think he had shot the teen and because he was still moving he felt the teen needed to be restrained so he spread his arms apart to make sure Martin was not armed. Martin’s arms were found underneath his body. After he was seen on top of the teen, Zimmerman got up and walked away and left the dead teen face down in the grass. He walked back towards the T where he encountered John Manalo. He never asked Manalo to help him restrain Martin, which would have been useless at that point considering Martin had not moved. Zimmerman never told police he had walked away and left the teen lying there but he told them he was near the teens’ body the entire time. He wanted to give the police the impression that he was concerned about Martin being alive and or fleeing when the truth is he never sought to restrain Martin, he knew he was dead. The only reason Zimmerman would lie about why he was on the dead teen is because he was on the dead teen BEFORE the shot was fired. I have written a blog about Jane/Jayne Surdyka who placed Zimmerman on top of Martin BEFORE the shot was fired. He knew Selma Mora saw him on Martin. What he didn’t know is that Jeanee Manalo and Jayne Surdyka had also seen him on Martin. The evidence shows there was NO REASON for Zimmerman to be on the teen to “restrain” him after the shot was fired because he clearly knew he was dead, that’s why he walked away and left him lying there. Later at the police station he pretended he didn’t know Martin had died. This means he was conscious of the fact that he needed an excuse for being on the teen when the shot was fired. Why did the Prosecutor ask questions but then fail to give answers? It seems they wanted to put the pieces together but were afraid to do so. Meanwhile, the Defense painted their version of what really happened and even brought a block of concrete into the courtroom to drive their point home. I have never seen a case where the Prosecution fails to put together a coherent picture of what really happened while allowing the Defense to do just that. The Prosecution did not want to win this case.
5. Why did John Guy place Martin on top of Zimmerman up until the time the shot went off and why did he insist Martin never saw the gun? Wouldn’t that mean that Martin was the aggressor until the very end and would not have been screaming? So when the State finally did put together a theory, it was one that was NOT FAVORABLE to Trayvon Martin. When BDLR and Angela Corey were interviewed after the trial, BDLR says he believed Zimmerman had his gun out because he was intent on preventing Martin from “escaping thru the back gate.” Isn’t that interesting? The State DID have a theory of what happened. So if BDLR believes Zimmerman had his gun out early then wouldn’t Martin have seen it before Zimmerman pulled the trigger? If that’s the case, why did John Guy present a theory that was opposite of what BDLR believed?
In light of this information do you believe the State did all they could to convict George Zimmerman? I wonder if the Martin family secretly feels betrayed by the State Prosecutors. I feel betrayed and Martin was not my son.